What is an Ecommerce Site Audit?
During an ecommerce audit, we look over your website, both the front-end and back-end, to discover ways to improve your search engine optimization (SEO). Every ecommerce website owner should check their site performance, customer experience, product pages, and search functionality. When these are on point, visitors have a great shopping experience and there are maximum sales opportunities.
What’s Included In Our Ecommerce Website Audit?
Here’s what we check:
- SEO Analysis
- Page Load Timing
- User Experience (UX)
- Mobile Experience
- Checkout Process
- Responsive Design
- Ease of Use
- Product Pages
- Landing Pages
- Back-End Function
- Hosting Platform Analysis
- Link Analysis
- User Perception
What You Get: Your Detailed Ecommerce Audit Report
Once the audit is complete, you’ll receive a comprehensive report detailing what we discovered about your site. Your report will include:
Overview of Findings to give you a summary of what we discovered when we analyzed your site, along with the biggest concerns or opportunities for your ecommerce business.
Suggested Solutions with detailed explanations of why they’re important and how they will lead to improvements in the performance of your ecommerce website.
Highest Priorities for your website designers and developers to fix or adjust that will lead to near immediate improvements in your ecommerce site performance and operations for you and your customers.
Usability Analysis to give you an in-depth look at how easy or difficult it is to complete certain tasks on your ecommerce store, including checkout, browsing, and locating products.
User Perception Analysis to provide you with a closer look at what your customers experience as they shop your ecommerce business, from impressions on graphics and content to whether or not it’s modern and professional.
Store Accessibility Analysis looks at how your site aligns with website accessibility guidelines to make sure those with disabilities can operate your ecommerce store easily, from content that is easy to read to a layout that is easy to operate.
SEO Analysis provides you with a comprehensive look at how you can improve your search engine rankings in Google or Bing, including content updates, links, and updating the mobile experience.
Technical Website Audit and Platform Analysis
With our technical ecommerce store audit, we do a deep dive into your site. Our auditing covers these details:
- Front-end customer experience factors such as load time and responsiveness
- Back-end operations, including the infrastructure and security
We leave no stone unturned when it comes to your ecommerce audit, discovering where there are opportunities for better search engine result rankings, improved user experience, and smoother operations. The goal is to improve your site so your conversion rates increase and you make more money.
Why is an Ecommerce Website Audit Important?
Here are some questions ecommerce store owners ask themselves:
- How many people came to my ecommerce website last month?
- Why weren’t there more visitors?
- What do I have to do to move higher in the search rankings?
- Which product pages don’t generate sales? How can I fix them?
- Why are my conversion rates below average?
- Does Google just hate me?
The only thing that will provide those answers is a comprehensive ecommerce audit. Our team of SEO experts sift through the data to get the full picture of how your ecommerce website performs online. Our free website audit will provide clear action items for you to improve your search engine ranking, user experience, conversion rates, and sales.
Common Questions About an Ecommerce SEO Audit
How Do I Audit an Ecommerce Website?
You could do at least some of the work yourself Here are three crucial areas you should inspect:
- Your site’s performance. Use Google’s Page Speed Insights Tool to find areas where the performance of your online store needs to improve.
- Use a keyword research tool to check your search results in search engines like Google, Bing, and newcomers like DuckDuckGo.
- Take a fresh look at your site through your customers’ eyes. Use an incognito browsing tab to check how your store feels and functions.
These three things will help you start making the right kind of changes. However, there are many, many details to cover. Savvy business owners understand the value of hiring a consultant to check out their site and ecommerce platform to get better results.
What Is Ecommerce Functionality?
Ecommerce functionality is how we describe what every ecommerce store must do to function. Customers must be able to find the site, locate its products, and make a purchase. That’s the minimum amount of functionality required for an ecommerce site. Here is a longer list of 10 basic functions your site really should accomplish:
- Content management capabilities
- Promotion and discount code tools
- An easy-to-use checkout
- Search engine optimized code and layout
- Reporting tools and custom report features
- An integrated blog or articles section
- Email marketing features or integration
- Multiple payment options (Credit card, PayPal, PO, Terms, etc.)
- The ability to scale and add new features
- Security built into the site to protect users
How Do You Audit An Ecommerce Business?
Our audits are a little different because of the extent we dig into your website. We look at many different factors to help your business get the best SEO results.
We use specific tools that help us understand your:
- Conversion Rates
- Performance In Search Engines
- Bounce Rate
- Site Speed
- Web Traffic
- Customer Service
With the insights we gain from your audit report, we can prepare effective strategies to improve your results. Our audits aren’t the end of the process, they are the beginning of a growth cycle that includes auditing, tweaking, measuring, and repeating until we see the results you’ve been dreaming of since you first set up your store.
Award-Winning Online Store Success Stories
Top Five Reasons to Request a Site Audit Today
- Get ahead of your competition. While others are trying to predict what the future will hold, your detailed audit will outline the path to future success.
- Fix small issues before they become big. TheeCommerce knows what to look for in the small print to make adjustments before issues get out of hand.
- Stay up to date with ecommerce trends. With Google and the internet constantly changing, an audit from our responsible team includes cutting edge information.
- Make more sales by reaching your target audience. Don’t waste time and money on website visitors who don’t convert. Our audit details how to tailor your ecommerce store to reach paying customers.
- Streamline your efforts. Let TheeCommerce review the technical and online aspects of your website so you can focus on the most valuable part of your ecommerce business, selling high quality products to valued customers.
TheeTeam provides not just online store development but also marketing, web design, and valuable knowledge in ecommerce businesses.
If you’re ready to tame the web, call us today at 919-336-1790, or fill out our form below for your free online store assessment.