Upselling can increase your revenue by 10-30%. In fact, for companies that offer upsells, 75-90% of their revenue comes from upselling. You can leverage the power of WooCommerce upsell plugins to create more sales through on-page marketing.
Upselling also means you retain customers. Customer retention is much more cost-effective than spending to acquire new customers. Here’s what the Harvard Business School said about customer retention:
Depending on which study you believe, and what industry you’re in, acquiring a new customer is anywhere from five to 25 times more expensive than retaining an existing one.
Table of Contents
- 1What is Upsell?
- 2Benefits of Upsell
- 3Upselling Strategies
- 4Upsell Plugins to Choose
- 5Product Add-Ons Plugin
- 6Boost Sales Plugin
- 7Checkout Add-Ons Plugin
- 8Cart Notices Plugin
- 9Frequently Bought Together Plugin
Follow this guide to create a great upselling strategy, along with the 13 best WooCommerce upselling plugins you should use.
What is Upsell in WooCommerce?
Upselling is a sales tactic focused on encouraging customers to increase their cart value by buying a more expensive item or adding more items to the cart. It allows WooCommerce store owners to increase the average order value, resulting in increased revenue and profitability.
The Benefits of Upsell in Your Online Store
Upselling has numerous benefits for your Ecommerce business. These include:
Upselling increases customer retention. It is easier to apply the upsell technique to an existing customer, as they are 60% more likely to make an upsell purchase than a new customer.
Upselling is all about recommending better products to your customers to make their lives easier. When customers get the best products, their experience and satisfaction levels improve.
Increased Sales and Average Order Value
Upselling helps you increase sales and revenue. Through upsell techniques, you can increase the average cart value, leading to more revenue and higher profits.
5 Upselling Strategies for your WooCommerce Store
Having discussed the benefits of upselling, let’s delve into five effective strategies to get more upsell sales.
13 Upsell Plugins to Choose for WooCommerce
Using upsell funnels and including upsell offer pages on your WooCommerce store can go a long way in increasing your sales figures, revenue, and profits. However, implementing upsell strategies on your WooCommerce website can be difficult and confusing.
There are plugins to upsell and cross sell products on WooCommerce that you can use to get more upsells. Here are the 12 best WooCommerce plugins to use.
WooCommerce Product Add-Ons is a click upsell funnel plugin that allows you to identify and leverage upselling opportunities. It allows you to create an upsell offer page and customize your store’s checkout field.
Key features of WooCommerce Product Add-Ons:
- Charge a custom fee for each add-on
- Create unlimited funnels to incorporate multiple add-ons
- Charge fee in various formats – flat, quantity-based, percentage-based, etc.
- Integrate with WooCommerce Bookings, WooCommerce Subscriptions, and PayPal Express Checkout
WooCommerce Boost Sales is one of the best upsell and cross-sell plugins for WooCommerce. The plugin comes with a smart offer upgrade feature that shows upsells, cross-sells, and discounts based on the user’s shopping behavior and preferences. You can configure the plugin to show intelligent upsell offers based on recently viewed products, similar categories, and frequently bought together.
Key features of WooCommerce Boost Sales:
- A single plugin for enabling upsells, cross-sells, and discounts
- Customize the popup style and the number of products in an upsell offer
- Choose from three upsell settings
- Mobile-responsive and easy to use
Checkout Add-Ons enables you to include upsell offers on the cart page. You can add numerous fields on the checkout page to encourage customers to add more products to the cart and increase the total order value. It comes with various custom fields, such as radio buttons, a drop-down menu, text fields, and more.
Key features of Checkout Add-Ons:
- Exclusive offer feature
- Add multiple upsell offers to the customer’s cart
- Updates cart value automatically after adding the add-on
- Choose from different custom fields and fee formats
Cart Notices allows you to show dynamic upsell offers on your WooCommerce store when a visitor proceeds to checkout or is about to leave the site. With this plugin, you can encourage them to buy a related product or avail of a time-limited offer. You can place shortcodes at different places on your website to show upselling offers.
Key features of Cart Notices:
- Display custom notices on product pages, cart, and checkout pages
- Choose from five notice types: current order amount, products in the cart, referrer, deadline, and categories in the cart
- Showcase dynamic notices based on the minimum and maximum quantities
- Easy to set up and use
The Frequently Bought Together plugin helps create and show relevant product bundles during a customer’s initial purchase. If you sell mobile phones, desktop computers, furniture, apparel, or products that can be easily bundled with other products, this plugin can be helpful.
Key features of Frequently Bought Together are:
- Create bulk upsells for all products
- Use with different variations of discounts and bundles
- Assign discount percentages for each product in the bundle
- Manage all upsell bundles from a dedicated dashboard
Recommendation Engine is an intelligent upsell plugin for WooCommerce that recommends relevant products to shoppers based on their purchase history and shopping behavior. This plugin records a customer’s entire This way, you can offer personalized recommendations to each customer and increase upselling opportunities. And 75% of consumers are more likely to buy from a retailer that offers personalized experiences.
Key features of Recommendation Engine:
- Show recommendations based on user behavior and purchase history
- Show “frequently bought together” products at the checkout process
- Comes with WooCommerce Purchased Products and WooCommerce Recommended Products widgets
- Increases personalization and improves customer experience
Chained Products lets you create custom pre-configured product bundles to get more upsells and increase average cart value. The plugin is simple and flexible to use, making it ideal for new store owners.
Key features of Chained Products:
- Clear up inventory and increase average order value.
- Create product bundles of different types and sizes.
- Allow customers to pick a bundle configuration.
- Add custom offers like “Buy 1 Get 1,” flat discount, and more.
Beeketing is one of the best WooCommerce upsell plugins out there. It offers a wide range of features, from showing custom product recommendations based on customer behavior to sending personalized follow-up emails. If you are looking for an all-in-one marketing plugin for WooCommerce that helps you reduce abandonment rates and increase cart value, Beeketing can be the right choice for you.
Key features of Beeketing are:
- Show relevant product recommendations by analyzing user behavior
- Send personalized follow-up emails and abandoned cart reminders
- Create coupon codes to increase sales
- Evaluate individual funnel performance metrics
YITH Frequently Bought Together allows you to show frequently bought product bundles by other customers in your store. This way, you can show relevant upsell products along with social proof on your website. You can also create pre made bundles and edit them as needed. You can easily add or remove products from the bundle.
Key features of YITH Frequently Bought Together for WooCommerce are:
- Show product recommendations based on other customers’ buying behavior
- Enable social proof on your WooCommerce store
- Add discounts, labels, and custom images to your products
- Customize the “Add to Cart” button and other fields
Product Recommendations is another popular WooCommerce Plugin for getting click upsells and creating upsell pages. It comes with a global funnel feature that allows you to create responsive offer pages for your customers worldwide. You can also use dynamic pricing to change the pricing and show offers based on the customer’s location.
Key features of Product Recommendations:
- Create unlimited responsive upselling pages
- Generate and tag bulk offers across various target product categories.
- Build a custom offer page by setting rules and conditions
- Integrate with major WordPress page builders
Force Sells lets you link multiple products to a parent product. When a customer visits the checkout page and enters payment details, this plugin shows them the top products to purchase with the product in their cart. This enables you to increase average cart value and customer engagement.
Key features of Force Sells:
- Offers two techniques: manual force sell and synced force sell
- Link several products to a single product
- Allow customers to add and remove products or change quantity
- Create upsell bundles across all categories
If you are looking for a post purchase upsell plugin for WooCommerce, WooCommerce One Click Upsell Funnel Pro is the right choice for you. It allows you to create one-click upsell offers across different categories. This plugin works with all the major page builders and helps you increase your conversion rate.
Key Features of WooCommerce One Click Upsell Funnel Pro:
- Create one click upsells
- Create product-specific upsell offer pages
- Accept payments using all core payment options
- Offer upsells after the customer checks out
This plugin uses a unique data-driven algorithm to automatically calculate suitable Upsells for each product via a 1-Click Calculate All button. The days you have to manually define Upsells for hundreds of products for your store are gone! You can display Upsells or Recently Viewed products throughout your website in the form of Carousels, Lists, Widgets, Shortcode or Gutenberg Block to increase sales in your EDD store. The plugin offers a flexible algorithm where you can quickly change the priority factors of your upsell strategy. The plugin also comes with a comprehensive dashboard and filters to better track and understand the sales results from Upsells.
Key Features of UpsellMaster:
- 1-Click Automatic calculation of suitable Upsell suggestions instead of spending countless hours of manual work
- Tailored Upsell suggestions per product based on data fetched by our Algorithm
- Detailed Tracking of Upsell Sales Results
- Displays Upsells and Recently Viewed Products
- Carousels or Lists on Product Page, Checkout Page, Purchase Receipt Page, Widget, ShortCodes or Gutenberg Blocks
- Algorithm with Flexible Logic allows changes in Upsell Strategy
- Integrations with WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads
Since retaining customers is easier and more affordable than acquiring new customers, having a robust upsell strategy is crucial for all Ecommerce businesses. WooCommerce has myriad free and freemium plugins that allow you to create a great upselling strategy, increase average cart value, and drive more sales and revenue.
Are You Looking for a WooCommerce Plugin Expert to Help with Your Ecommerce Store?
Call 919-336-1790 or click here to schedule a consultation with one of our web design experts.