Bitcoin usage is going up every month. Here are some current bitcoin statistics:
- 11% of Americans currently hold Bitcoin.
- Over 100 million valuable bitcoin wallets exist currently.
- Over 16,000 wallets with 100+ bitcoin were open as of October 2020.
We’ll talk a lot about bitcoin, but it’s only one of the cryptocurrencies available around the world. Customers also use Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin, and Cardano, among others.
Table of Contents
- 1Why Take Bitcoin payments?
- 2Can WooCommerce accept Bitcoin?
- 3How do I accept crypto payments?
- 4What Makes a Good Crypto Payment Gateway?
- 5What is Best Crypto Payment Gateway
- 7Why is Blockonomics Our Top Pick?
Why not? Most of the WooCommerce bitcoin payment gateway plugins are free to install. Customers pay fees per transaction, so the financial risk to your business is minimal.
There are a few other reasons to accept bitcoin payments:
- Bitcoin is more secure than other forms of money. Offering security to your customers is a sound idea.
- Bitcoin payments are not vulnerable to chargebacks, which can create problems for ecommerce businesses when customers dispute payments.
- Bitcoin’s value isn’t linked to a centralized market. This may not affect your payments, but it sends a signal to your customers that you are part of the future.
For merchants, accepting payments in bitcoin carries relatively little risk and could appeal to a certain set of customers.
Yes, you can set up a WooCommerce payment integration that allows you to accept digital currency. There are payment gateway options you can install for your WooCommerce store to process bitcoin payments.
Choose the bitcoin payment gateway that makes the most sense for your business. We’ll show you what makes a good bitcoin payment gateway and then give you a quick overview of the top options for cryptocurrency payment processing.
First, here’s the process for setting up a plugin to accept bitcoin payments on your WooCommerce site:
- Install your preferred bitcoin payment processor plugin on your WooCommerce site.
- You’ll probably need to register an account with the bitcoin payment processor’s developer.
- The WordPress plugin API installation details will arrive from the developer.
After you configure the plugin to receive payments, test it out with a few test payments. Be sure to configure your checkout process and checkout page to tell your customers you accept bitcoin.
What Makes a Good Crypto Payment Gateway?
Now that you know you can accept bitcoin and set up your payment processor, let’s talk about a few of the ways to evaluate which WordPress plugin for WooCommerce will be the best one for you.
What is the best crypto payment gateway for WooCommerce?
Our choice for the best bitcoin payment gateway plugin for WooCommerce is Blockonomics.
Other Bitcoin Payment Gateway Options
If you want to look at other bitcoin options, we’ve made a short list for you. These include options for transactions in alternative cryptocurrencies, using open source WordPress plugins, and other features.
Let’s take a quick look at a few of them.
Accepting bitcoin payments is one more way to make your shop accessible to customers. It’s probably not going to unlock a deluge of revenue, but it will help you connect to a specific and growing segment of shoppers.