Over three million websites are using WooCommerce making it one of the most popular ecommerce plugins. It’s free and offers a huge variety of extensions, so you can easily customize your online store. The popularity of WooCommerce makes it a leader when it comes to ecommerce trends. Last year, we saw an increased use in multi-media product pages, mobile shopping, and personalization, but what are some of the new WooCommerce trends we can look forward to?
Artificial Intelligence will Transform the Customer Experience
Artificial intelligence began transforming the customer experience last year and we can expect this trend to continue. Chatbots allow ecommerce websites to offer 24/7 customer service. Thanks to machine learning, these bots are also becoming smarter. The more a chatbot learns about your customers and their purchasing habits, the more they can help with issues and increase sales. WooCommerce already offers several chatbot extensions such as WooWBot, a stand-alone bot, and Omise, which works with Facebook Messenger.
Another way artificial intelligence improves the customer experience is through personalization. Technology gives us more data on consumers than ever, so there’s no excuse not to offer customized experiences for customers based on location, age, language, and purchasing habits. It’s not just about greeting your customer by name anymore, though that does help! WooCommerce offers plenty of advanced features to help you provide a more personalized shopping experience for your customers:
- WooCommerce Darwin Pricing Integration – The WooCommerce Darwin Pricing Integration plugin uses customer data to give your customer geo-targeted coupon codes.
- WPML – Has your online store gone global? WPML translates your product pages to your customer’s preferred language.
- WooCommerce Extra Product Options – Consumers love options! The WooCommerce Extra Product Options Extension allows you to build forms with conditional logic so customers can easily customize products.
Product Pages Will Be More Detailed and Will Include Videos
Faster internet speeds and improved technology paved the way for video, virtual reality, and 360º content. Now, we can expect to see this type of content used heavily in web design, particularly on ecommerce websites. Recent data shows that including video on product pages increases conversions. Consider these stats:
- 4 out of 5 consumers find demo videos helpful.
- Online shoppers who view video are 1.81 times more likely to purchase than non-viewers.
- 4x as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
Another cool new feature we can expect to see on product pages is 360º content. WooCommerce offers a 360º Image feature, which allows users to add a dynamic 360º rotation to your product images. The WooCommerce and WordPress platforms are also fully capable of hosting virtual reality content as well. We can’t wait to see the creative content our clients come up with to show off their products!
Mobile Purchases Will Increase
According to Invesp, over two billion mobile phone or tablet users will make a mobile commerce transaction by the end of 2017. If your online store isn’t responsive, fast-loading, and mobile-friendly, you could miss out on a lot of sales moving forward. Fortunately, WooCommerce and WordPress offer a wide selection of beautiful, easy-to-use, responsive themes specifically for ecommerce websites:
- Flatsome – Flatsome is one of the most popular WooCommerce themes. It features a drag-and-drop builder to create a responsive online store that works beautifully on mobile devices.
- MobileStore – MobileStore is an advanced theme designed specifically for WooCommerce users who are serious about the mobile shopping experience.
- WooMobify – If you need to move quickly on making your online store mobile, WooMobiby is your best bet. This plugin is affordable and easy to install.
Is Your WooCommerce Store Ready for the Latest Trends?
All of these new ecommerce trends and technologies that can be applied to Shopify and WooCommerce websites are exciting! Are you ready to take advantage of them? The online store development experts at TheeCommerce can help you update your WooCommerce store to include the latest trends. Give us a call at 919-336-1790 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation with one of our WooCommerce specialists.